Sunday, September 2, 2012

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

Moosics everywhere

Mouretsu Uchuu Koukyoukyoku Dai-Nana Gakushou 「Mugen no Ai」(Mouretsu Pirates OP)
Momoiro Clover Z and Marty Friedman 

lol thrash metal. And nicely done too.

Since OboeOtaku was pointing out that he had already heard many of my recent Soundtrack Posts beforehand, I decided to surprise people with a random goodie from a shitty anime. So here it is!

Believe me you, this OP is the single only very important life-deciding reason that I will download the Mouretsu Pirates Music Collection for when it comes out whenever. First, excellent beat. The vocals are decent, considering that it's Momoiro Clover Z, but it's the mix of those silly brash female vocals and the ridiculous amounts of guitar that gets me. This blows all of the OPs I have heard so far with guitar riffs out of the water. And for good reason, too - the guitarist is Marty Friedman, ex-guitarist in one of the most famous heavy metal bands ever, Megadeth. If you thought Nana Mizuki songs had good guitar solos, think again. And then download this song. It's good. America. Yeah.

*Edit by OboeOtaku*

Shortly after EC introduced me to this song, I did a youtube search to see if I could find a MV of it, hopefully with Marty Friedman doing cool shits on the guitar. What I came across...was this...thing.


HADOOOOOUKEN
What follows is the chat EC and I had about this video..
EC: Oh shit
I thought Bodacious Space Pirates was a special title
  But Bodacious Space Pirate Ranger Idols on Flying Bicycles
  Beat that one ez
 OO: LOL
  nice response
EC: lol
But if you close your eyes and blot out the memories of that MV
  It's still a good OP
  oh shit
  They do hadoukens too
  What an imba movelist
 OO: i stopped watching after i saw the bikes
its a fun OP
  very epic sounding at times
 EC: OH SHIT
  THE BIKES CAN DO HADOUKENS TOO
 OO: LOL
  WTF
 EC: WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE
Correction: Bodacious Space Pirate Ranger Ken Idols on Flying Bicycles with Lasers
 That sounds like a preview of the next Street Fighter
  Perfect
OO: oh my god...
  edit your post
  and put that video on there
  with that commetn
  *comment
EC: OH SHIT
  THEY DID THE HADOUKENS AGAIN
  EXCEPT NOW THEY'RE SHOOTING IT UP
  See just like in street fighter 1
 OO: You know, I'm almost tempted to watch it now
  (the mv)
  after these comments from you
except every time i think of the girl in the beginning holding the guitar holding out her tongue
  i want to kill a small animal

No comments:

Post a Comment