Saturday, September 29, 2012

Conclusion: Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.

HUFF PUFF PUFF HUFF

Moar conclusions! Moar fanservice! Ok too much fanservice! Time to review Dakara Boku wa!

Photobucket
Ignore sword, acquire titties.

Dakara Boku wa is just some bullshit I saw for filler. The plot is completely riddled with deus ex machinas and "fate-was-destined-to-bring-us-together" devices. I like how Shimono Hiro (voices Yoshii Akihisa [Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu] if I'm not mistaken) voices the lead male (Kaga Ryousuke, for those that care). Hearing his wacky voice always lends some humor to each episode, even if the rest of it is completely dead in the water. Actually, to be quite honest I'm not sure why I watched this series through while dropping High School DxD like a bomb. I would give it a worse rating than the HS DxD adaptation, since Dakara Boku wa doesn't even try to make a coherent world or super-cool boob powers. There was some tension near the end, but not really since it was obvious that this series just didn't have the cojones to actually hurt someone badly.

Seriously...even the fanservice isn't that good. Breasts wobbling everywhere may strike the fancy of some viewers, but I'd rather keep it implicit. Guys...just no.

The OP/ED's lyrics are pretty hilarious and I enjoyed the combo though. The OP has a relatively unique beginning and I might consider putting it on my music player. However, they're still not songs I would put as a Soundtrack Pick. Sorry.

Overall, it's mediocre. Not horrendous, but just meh-but-really-why-am-I-watching-this. Won't spend more time on it, because there's nothing more to say and I don't want to waste time on it.

Recommendation: If you're gonna do it, just read the LN or some bullshit. Don't waste your time otherwise.

Photobucket
I really, really hope that that's the literal translation.

1 comment:

  1. Bad show. I was initially lured by the main heroine who looks a LOT like Rias from Highschool DxD (Best show of all time! GETTING A SEASON 2!!) but it just turned out to be a shitty show that contained no awesome.

    ReplyDelete