Sunday, August 5, 2012

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

Alright, so these next couple of weeks I will have stuff that aren't just random OPs. Ready? I'm not.

Koi no Shirushi ~8bit ver~ (Finale Arrange) [The World God Only Knows ED; Remix]
zerokouki & HDkaminomi

Hoo boy.

    And the first Soundtrack Pick in a long while starts off with a bang! I thought that I'd told you guys of this and not just BartreTheBeast, but apparently I only did a music box rearrange. Anyways, you guys should all know The World God Only Knows by my slobbering over the manga and ranting over the anime. Koi no Shirushi is the ED for season one, and it's a pretty decent and original ED by itself. However, when these two fellas on Youtube (zerokouki and HDkaminomi) collaborated and created this 8bit remix...well, this is something else.

    The beginning starts off a bit minimalist and perhaps a tiny bit long, but sooner or later, you'll hear the familiar theme. Then (1:24), it starts building. And building. And building. And the next thing you know, you're hearing a freaking symphonic suite in 8bit centered around Koi no Shirushi, bells, whistles, and chromatics included.

    That's not to say that all the remix does is just take all the different channels/instruments in the original and turn them into 8bit. Oh no, there are plenty of original bits here and there, from the strange beginning to the chromatic runs up and down during the main melody that oppose its direction (the formal term, cough cough, is called modulation), to the splendid brass fanfare and salute to the TWGOK opening at the end (4:26). Trust me, listen if you have any liking for exciting pieces at all. You won't regret it.

    Did I mention that I liked the chromatics?

No comments:

Post a Comment