Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

Well at least now I can't say that I forgot one of my favorite songs. It's a classic from K-On!! too, so it's bound to be good. Get ready to listen to...

Go! Go! Maniac (K-On!! OP 1)
Aki Toyosaki, Youko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, Minako Kotobuki, Ayana Taketatsu 

I don't care how high it sounds - it's damn addictive.

Little need to say why this is a pick - it's fast, it has good guitar riffs, it's from K-On!!, and Azusa Nakano is in it. Let me say this again - Azusa Nakano is in it. More than enough reason to listen/watch the OP.

A lot of people tend to complain about the high-pitched volume, but I mean...EVERY OP sung by Aki Toyosaki (voices Yui Hirasawa) is going to be high-pitched. Not sure why everybody suddenly harps on this one, unless it's due to the fact that it's much more heavily emphasized (0:22~0:26) here. Ah well.

The ever-present fast, steady beat is always good, but I like how they leave most of the song to the guitar/keyboard. Mmm-mmm those riffs. Gogogo listen!

Try this one out for size - the remix creates a really different mood with the song. To say the least, it's definitely an interesting take.

-----

On the other hand, I'd also like to recommend Immortal Rain. It's very melodramatic, which fits in well with the supernatural setting, but I think you'll agree with me when I say the way that this manga delivers the heart-throbbing passion is more than enough to suspend your disbelief. The translations/volumes have recently been completed, so look through it now - it's a good read!

Photobucket
It's not easy being the Immortal Methuselah.

No comments:

Post a Comment