Monday, July 2, 2012

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

UU!

NYAH!

UU!

NYAH!

Yeah, sorry this is late. Running on Korea time.

Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san OP)
Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Asumi Kana, Matsuki Miyu, Ootsubo Yuka, Kitamura Eri, Hatano Wataru)


LOL THIS IS SILLY

Anyways, have you ever wanted the person who voices Tachibana Miya in Amagami SS to sing a whacked-out song? Yes? Very yes? Then this is the OP for you. Just like the series it introduces, Taiyou is actually a pretty unique song. It relies on the overwhelming downbeats created by the three voices (Asumi and co.) to keep the song in rhythm, energetic, and ultimately stuck in your head. Besides, bring me a person that wouldn't get "UU! NYAH!" stuck in their head just after listening to this once.

I like the "counter-voices" that sound like a phone call (e.g.: 0:14~0:17). I believe what they do is frequency filtering, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I am fatally weak against Cthuko's voice (e.g.: 0:50), so sue me. The main melody from 0:58~1:27 is also pretty damn unique (again, reminds me of Sex Bomb by Tom Jones...), and it almost forgives the abhorred electric guitar usage starting from 2:52.

Overall though, if you ignore the electric guitar solo and the repetition right afterwards, you'll find that this OP will slowly seep through your brains. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment