Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer 2012 Anime Preview

Hoooooooooooooooooooooo shit



Summer is fucken here and boy, are there animes coming out like critters from the woodwork. Fortunately or unfortunately, however, there is an increased amount of fanservice - mothers, cover your kids' eyes. Hopefully though everything will turn out dandy. I (ExtraCareful) myself personally cannot wait for some of the new series to start on the road. Well, without further ado, here are the colors - let's go!

ExtraCareful - Blue
OboeOtaku - Red
MorningLescue - Purple cause orange is apparently hard to see
CrimsonMonarch - Pink like a boss
NotMoe - Green that hurts your eyes

*Note: As per usual, we will not preview shitty series.
*Edit* Unless we feel like trolling.
*Edit2* Actually we preview shitty series all the time
*Edit3* I feel like there is never anything worth to watch nowadays 
*Edit4* This season is actually trash
*Edit5* Y'all are bitches...


-----



Ok, so quick summary: Muv-Luv is a regular old visual novel. Muv-Luv Unlimited, the sequel, " takes place in an alternate world to Extra, where aliens called BETA (an acronym for 'Beings of the Extra Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race') have invaded". And, uh, they do retarded things that aliens do. Like Spider-Pig. Muv-Luv Alternative is a sequel to Unlimited where "[The protagonist] wakes up three years after the end of Unlimited to find himself back in his room. Although he first thinks that everything that had happened to him was a dream, he soon feels that something is wrong, and leaves the house to find that he has been sent back in time to the beginning of the events in Unlimited."

So yeah, everything is retarded.


I see girls in random body suits. Uninterested.


Sounds retarded and convoluted.


Looks like Sky Girls but with guys as well. Gonna have to watch it only for the giant mechas. 


What the hell is this?



The fuck is this, Tinkerbell?

Well, I was under impression that human population growth was a problem. I feel like the trends in the rest of the world outweigh Japan's declining birthrate. But w/e. Doesn't sound interesting, maybe it will be though.


Eh, doesn't look very interesting but it might have some secret twist.  


The premise is more unique than Muv-Luv, at any rate.


I might watch this just because I'm partial to this sort of graphic style and also any OPs sung by nano.RIPE.



Feel the power of music bitches. Feels like something Overdrive might like, after KiraKira and DearDrops. This series better have good music.

Jesus so much slice of life nowadays. I'm probably not gonna get around to this one since i don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to and it doesn't really sound interesting. 


^Agreed with MorningLescue


Not really interested in this type of slice of life.

Yeah, this really sounds like a music series that Overdrive might have made. The premise is no doubt made to seem profound and jerk a few heartstrings, but if it starts dragging like Tamayura: ~Hitotose~ did, then I'm out.



Reverse pedophilia (à la Kodomo no Jikan) in a 4-koma. This is a fucking bad idea.

LOL IT'S ANOTHER KNJ. Probably nowhere near as perverted though. Watching this would probably be a bad idea. Unless you like KnJ.
.
...
...................I'm gonna watch it, aren't I...

Fuck this retard pedo ass shit. I hate BartreTheBeast OboeOtaku, and he should not be allowed to roam the streets where children may be present. I am not a lolicon.


Denial is fine too.


......you guys.......sigh 


Oh god no 4-koma please.


I don't think the 4-koma is the major issue here though...



Seems interesting in an educational sense. But this is probably the josei series of the season. Trolololo~

I don't see lolis.

I care 0 about this. 


WTF is this shit?!


This series is really dependent on how they go about telling the stories, so no comment for now.



Oh bitches. My body is not ready. I mean-actually, to hell with it.

YURI YU-RA-RA-RA-RA-YURUYURI

YURI YU-RA-RA-RA-RA-YURUYURI

YURI YU-RA-RA-RA-RA-YURUYURI

DA-I-JI-KE-N

Sorry. We couldn't resist.


Dunno anything about the series 'cept that it has female blob love and an addicting OP. I'll get around to it one day...


Ah Yuru Yuri. I had my doubts before starting the first season, so I put it off until ExtraCareful expressed to me how good it was despite looking like a K-ON! clone. I enjoyed every moment of it. It's funny as hell and I recommend it to everyone. S2 will be a sure watch. I am not a lolicon.


I don't care.


No.


Binbougami ga! (7/4)


Looks all right. Which means I probably won't watch it because I never watch anything.

Looks like funny stuff, gonna watch it.


LOVED THE MANGA! Will definitely watch! 


This actually looks hilarious. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.


I'm not sure what this is about, so I guess I'll read the manga beforehand or something...


Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (7/5)


Some standard VN school life shit with a single twist. I hope this shit doesn't involve the supernatural. Or vampires. But w/e I'll watch it. 


Vampires are only acceptable if they like donuts. Also, that is one fucking huge school. Probably won't watch cuz I'm a lazy bastard. Unless the others say its epic. In which case I'll say I'll watch it, torrent it, then delete it after not watching it.

This looks like the typical eroge adaptation that inserts itself in the lineup every season. Probably gonna watch it when I have time.


Will watch it if it DOES involve the supernatural. If it's just boring standard life stuff then fuck it even if it has a ton of fanservice. 


Another VN school story adaptation, which isn't too interesting anymore...


Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! (7/5)


Aside from the whole imouto thing (which is pretty good, but not a deciding factor), I've seen the artwork and read the original manga. Suffice it to say, automatic favorite for this season; Jesus, the way they depict the harem is just too good. MY BODY IS NOT READY

This looks delicious. And idk what EC is smoking, my body is completely ready for this. The MAL synopsis of this made me laugh. "Can Shougo 'properly' reunite with his little sister while making a girlfriend at the same time?" IMOUTO ROUTE. LET'S DO THIS.


It's sad to say, but I think we all have a fondness of imouto related stories. We have typically wanted more imouto interaction in various series (Amagami SS, Mashiro-Iro Symphony) but were denied. This thing's whole idea has been done several times before but I love it. Gonna enjoy this one.


Wtf is wrong with you guys? I like the harem idea, but seriously imouto route? Fuck! Wincest only works if its an Onee-chan. Will watch due to liking the manga. 


No. There's going to be a stupid copout, I'm sure.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous (7/5)


I think NotMoe might like this one. Interesting inclusion of the supernatural into an otherwise boring shoujo/josei manga to liven things up.


The girl looks like a guy. An ugly guy.


Josei ain't my thing.


0 fucks given. 


Aww yeah noitamina. Unfortunately the premise sounds really boring. I'm probably watching this anyway to see how this goes.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica (7/6)


I mean, it's pretty obvious that they made the summary seem like the premise was something new. However, if you squint a bit it becomes clear that it's just gonna end up being a standard "school-life" + supernatural powers + romance series. Again, all I've read of this is the synopsis on MAL, so what do I know?


EDIT: I went on Google Images. Let's change "romance" to "ecchi" here.

Seeing the picture, I have but one thing to say. STOP. HAMMER TIME.

This is another academy-supernatural fighting anime with big breasted women, reminiscent of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. I actually like this type of stuff so I'll definitely watch it. 


Will watch for same reasons as MorningLescue.


Looks interesting, probably will turn out to be shit.


Campione! (7/6)


The light novel's not too bad - I like reading it because of the cool fucking mythology-based chants they use and the grab-bag of powers the protagonist can use (I've always liked  protagonists with a toolbox of stuff instead of just a large fucking metaphorical hammer that they use to bash at stuff). However, the actual accuracy of any of the mythologies they use is pretty much bullshit, just like it was with, say, Hidan no Aria and uhhhh Toaru Majutsu no Index. But don't worry - fanservice. Of the bold AND yandere kind too. NotMoe, sorry but this harem hits my buttons. A big pity that they've screwed up the proportions for the face from what I've seen of the pictures for the anime. I'm also afraid of how they're gonna pace this...

Nice blonde. But I'll pass. Guess I'm not too big a fan of the magic battles? That and I have real stuff to do. Like playing Kamidori.

The synopsis says "a harem love comedy plus magic battles." I'm in.


Looks good, sounds good, but wtf is it with the yandere. Fuck. 


Fanservice? Moe? Harem? All of them together in the same anime? I've stopped trusting anime with exclamation marks in the title.


Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai. (7/6)


This is a manga that's just starting out I believe (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong...) The premise is kind of unclear and so is the objective, but it involves some devils and shit, just like every other harem series nowadays. Tsundere devil fanservice for those who are interested. I'll just look into it because I know it'll be better than High School DxD. CrimsonMonarch, here's your series.  


When I saw the picture/description, I actually thought the exact same thing as EC. Enjoy the fanservice CrimsonMonarch. Are they gonna put all the production values into a pole dancing ED in this one too?

Why the fuck do I see High School DxD 2? Oh well, this looks funnier. Plus, it's not hard to beat that piece of crap. (You're a piece of crap)


YO FUCK OFF ALL OF YOU! High School DxD is #1 HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE! I'll definitely watch it because of its similarities. 

If it's like High School DxD I don't care.

Dog Days' (Season 2) (7/7)



This is what I was waiting for, bitches. Who wants another round of "everybody's-a-good-guy-nobody-dies" anime? Who wants another 100 trillion yen spent on voice actors and the OP/ED alone? That's what I thought.

Am I the only one who hasn't watched season one? And what, everyone's a good guy? I need a bad guy that gets beat up Accelerator style.

Dog Days had great graphics and laser beams. What it severely lacked was character development. Even so, it was a fun watch and I will surely watch S2.


Loved S1, bound to love S2. 


Moe bullshit. Dropped.


Sword Art Online (7/7)


Some other harem/rom-com integrated with cyberpunk shit, no doubt. I haven't read anything of it save for the synopsis. Other than the joys the above genres provide, the plot itself doesn't seem all that special. Again, I have not read this light novel, so please correct me or recommend me this series to read if I am wrong.

If I wanna see swords, maybe I'll pick this up. Or I can finish watching Fate/Zero.

Sounds like Accel World again. Which I didn't watch. Oh well, might pick up this one and maybe Accel World too.


YES! INSTANT FAVORITE! Absolutely loved the LN! I would recommend it, it has an interesting plot twist and it has several volumes which were fun to read. Looking forward to the anime. 


This might be great if the characters didn't look like they were twelve.

Kokoro Connect (7/7)


K-On. Without music. Plus boys. And switching bodies for some standard ecchi fun. For realz this time. Sigh...I guess I'll have to take one for the team...Is anybody else watching? Please? Although...if they follow the art style of the manga adaptation (artist is Cuteg, who did a collab work on Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! mentioned above - I am fatally weak against his drawings) instead of the light novel, I'll watch it any day with some interest.

^He sums it up pretty well. If it has a good OP or ED, I might watch it just to keep EC company. 

Seems funny, will give it a try.


I hated K-On simply because there were no guys to ship the girls together. Will watch because we all know what the guys are gonna do in the girls body. (Masturbate)


Oh no...


Driland (7/7)


...idk what to make of this?

Looks interesting, if its anything the other RPG animes then I'll give it a shot. 


The last mobile game adaptation we had was Sengoku Collection. Nuff said.

^HAHAHAHA...haha...ha...sigh...

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (7/8)


Please stop.

Looks like Koihime Musou. I doubt the characters are as overpowered though. Don't you love these genderswaps? 

No more Koihime Musou please.


Okay. If only Koihime Musou (the anime) had a guy in it, this would be an exact copy. I don't get why you guys hating on it. Will watch. 


If KM followed the actual VN, it would have been a great harem series instead of being a lameass copout yuri series...


Not this moe Nobunaga bullshit again.


Hakuouki Reimeiroku (7/9)


I don't care.


I don't really care. Also Studio DEEN.

Joshiraku (July 2012)


I know for a fact that the original manga was written by the author of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, so read it if you're into wacky humor, social commentary or otherwise.

Maybe.

For real? SZS is very good, may watch this then.


SZS is nice, but this doesn't appeal to me very much, who knows I may be surprised. 


I've found I don't really like this type of anime.


storia della Arcana Famiglia (July 2012)


It seems a bit like Durarara!...Apparently it's adapted from an action-adventure game, so it'll be a nice break from the fanservice (but Italian, of course).


But then again, Shining Hearts: ~Shiawase no Pan~ was supposed to be a fantasy RPG.

I think I've turned into a type B. So no.

Shining Hearts was the masterpiece of the season, everyone knows that. You said it yourself.
But yeah I'll probably watch this. Italian stuff is cool.


Italian and Famiglia. Instantly thought of Hitman Reborn. Will watch. 


Apparently this is an Otome game adaptation. That's a terrible sign.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II (July 2012)


No. Just no. This shit will never, ever, EVER fit into a regular 12/24 episode season. Baka-Tsuki people, get on the translating already, I wanna actually read this janx instead of complaining about how badly this is stuffed into an anime adaptation and how much Hadena sucks for ruining Horizon for me.


Seeing everyone whine about this is enough reason for me not to care.


Don't understand how Horizon even became an anime. After watching S1 and reading some of the LN I can't say I enjoyed it. smh


No.


-----

Lot of surprises this Spring 2012 season, actually. Acchi Kocchi provided more than a few genuine laughs, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and Saki: Achiga-hen managed to show some fancy moves at the end before nodding out (Miyanaga Teru's powers...so good. That arm...) 

That said, there were also plenty of disappointments. Accel World lacks pacing and ended in an anticlimactic fashion (although props for following the LN), Medaka Box's plot development in the anime was in shambles after Gainax ran over it, and Sakamichi no Apollon, as much as I tried to sympathize/empathize with it, was nothing more than a flat plain with a few scattered angsty moments in between. Furthermore, I haven't seen a truly good ending from an anime in...forever. Where did the superb, surprising, tear-jerking climaxes go? Is Guilty Crown really the best we're gonna get in the last 3 seasons? Dear God...


I will probably try and pick up a series or two (aka, Chitose Get You! and  Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru), then end up dropping them, just like I did with the Winter and Spring Seasons. My laziness when it comes to these things is rather remarkable. But then again, judging from all the complaints I've been hearing about the last season, I guess my laziness isn't too bad.


I have high hopes for Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru and not-so-high hopes for Chitose Get You!, but I at least hope that they will be entertaining/delicious enough that I will be motivated to watch the next episode. As always, I also hope that there will be lots of good music this season. I could do with a few more hyper, high-powered OP's on my iPod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment