Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

More! More songs! (This one was late because I crashed after that sudden deadline post)

Magic Number (Kobato. OP)
Maaya Sakamoto

Should watch this anime, it's a really good one from the looks of it.

Kobato. was apparently a really good Fall 2009 series. The premise seems interesting and the graphics look shiny, so I think I'll take a peek at it later. However, the music isn't too shabby either. Sliiightly too slow, but I think that's more because I listened to the trance version before the actual version. I like the natural breathing in of Sakamoto more than just holding the note out like an autotuner for so long. Obviously if breathing becomes a problem then it should be cut down, but I prefer audible breaths because it makes it easier for vibrato and it just...sounds more raw. I don't know. Anyways, this is a really pleasant song, and the trance version isn't half-bad either. Take a look:

I'm pretty sure that this is part of that huge EXIT TRANCE PRESENTS album (non-extended). Take a look!

-----

In other news, Sugar Dark ended recently - and to everyone's dismay, rather abruptly. From what I've heard/searched, the artist got a deadline to cut it because the last couple of chapters would finish up the volume (I assume that after that volume the publishers were afraid of flagging sales or something). It's a great pity, because the last chapters were very enjoyable (and we got to see Melia's pouty face!) However, I guess there are other fish in the sea. May I recommend Seiyuu Ka-!? It's an interesting shoujo series, and no, it is not all sunshine and rainbows and romance oh my. Set in a voice acting academy, you have a bunch of bad voice actors (like the dropouts, essentially) slowly rising to the top, spearheaded by the worst of them all. It's actually relatively harsh for a shoujo series, but once you get used to the pace, you'll be gobbling it up in no time. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment