Tuesday, December 13, 2011

ExtraCareful's Soundtrack Pick of the Week

Another week, another song.

Omokage Warp (Hanasaku Iroha OP 2)
nano.RIPE

Fly farrrrrr awayyyyyyyy Hanasaku Iroha for Best Anime of 2011 gogogo

Welp, I can't believe I haven't included this yet. I mean, I've praised everything else in Iroha, so might as well continue with this. The guitar riffs are great (the way they're MEANT to be, not randomly included in the middle of trumpets like they do with iDOLM@STER OP1) - I only wish they were slightly more flamboyant. For some reason, the natural strumming without a lot of harmonics or effects makes it seem like a mix between an acoustic and electric guitar, which creates a further appeal for me. The song builds up via accents very nicely, which is good. The steady beat helps make the repetitive phrase catchy, so no harm done there.

The only thing I can really take away is the voice - it might have been better to just do a light male voice or at least add some semblance of vibrato/natural timbre into the female voice, but I don't like the voice overly much as it is right now. That being said, this is one of my more favorite OPs, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment