Friday, April 13, 2012

Conclusion: Guilty Crown

Guilty Crown...what a fiasco.

Photobucket
Because you know what they say, when life gives you lemons squirt lemon juice into someone's face until they feel like bashing out your brains

You guys should already know what my feelings of the first two-thirds of Guilty Crown are like. Did they change? Well...

Before I get into the plot more in detail, I'd like to praise the 2nd OP for its animation and music. Although personally, The Everlasting Guilty Crown (sung by EGOIST) is slightly less creative with its melodies than My Dearest is, both songs are very good compared to the rest of this season's OPs. Furthermore, the TV animation for Everlasting was very nicely done - one of the few OPs I actually didn't skip over before the episodes started. Hope more series follow that example.
Anyyyyways.....

Guilty Crown. Yea. It felt good, but best not to think about it too much. Especially when you realize that the dramatic final battle scene ended quite abruptly because a flower resonated too hard or something and broke the Earth.

Photobucket

See at least the flower has DSL and won't lag

Let's just say that GC is the Hershey's bar that you know is easily reachable in your pocket but you also know that it's not the healthiest thing in the world.

Other than the analysis I already did, I'm not sure of what to add. Again, I really really don't like how they tied things up - or rather, didn't tie things up. What's the deal with Ayase's relationship with Guy/Shoe? Why is Shoe blind? Why the abrupt end with the flower? Why does Daath matter and could we not have a secret cult nosing into Shoe's business here? Why does Tsugumi have cat ears?

All these things will never really be answered, I guess. And for a 22 episode series, it was very poorly wrapped up. The climax wasn't really cathartic, the ending was puzzling but obviously supposed to be tear-jerking, and what I felt through the entire second half was merely a gradual increase in tension over time and then a sudden let-down. 

And what's worse, that ending scene made me hungry for cake.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Hare. It was a great party, you should have been there.


I just think that dead people should come to birthday parties a bit more

It was fun watching Guilty Crown, but it's definitely not a solid series. The only reason I think I would recommend it for the Winter 2012 season is because all of the other series sucked even worse. So...good try, and I liked the spamming of production values. But here's one series at least where I agree with NotMoe - production values can't turn a mediocre series into a good series. Sorry, Production I.G....try again.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

You see, Ouma Mana is Japanese. As seen from this picture of what happens when genomic resonance overload occurs, clearly Japan is working with the GDI. The GDI must have been founded from the UN since they have shitty ground units. The UN loves Obama. Obama is a Muslim. Muslim begins with an M. Muk. Mailman. Madison. Marilyn Monroe. She looks very sexy in her nude shots.


And thus Kennedy was killed by genomic frequency resonance hypergeometric planar bionic isoelectric electronic dubstep overdose. 


QED.

Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment