Friday, June 20, 2014

Expectations: Summer 2014 Anime

Here comes the summer of Kancolle, Sailor Moon, Free S2, AND SAO S2. The fanboys will blot out the sun. <- Sailor Moon and Free fanboys...

RightToLeft - Green
ExtraCareful - Blue
OboeOtaku - Red

Photobucket
Well...we'll stick with "rabbit" for now

There weren't any home runs this season, which most people probably expected. I tried to stay away from the pure senseless comedy that I am not fond of yet inevitably watch. I didn't know Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation was one, but it had 13 minutes long episodes, which staved off my boredom. I find it kind of hilarious that a bunch of girls just flock to the main character given the knowledge that he is extremely perverted but a nice guy. Nice guys don't finish last in this series. The comedy is pretty dumb as you would expect, but if you are absolutely bored you probably still shouldn't watch this.

The nice guy act went pretty well for the MC in Gokukoku no Brynhildr. He gets all the witch girls because “he risks his life for them.” Since the setting is a sci-fi drama, there is a lot of plot armor for him. The series relies on the appearance of new enemies who will die in 1-2 episodes, so it gets kind of repetitive. For a guy that is willing to throw his life away, he has no guts when it comes to girls. The entire series is “cute,” but it fails to be outstanding in any category.

No other anime could be charged with generic nice MC than Nisekoi. There were a lot of romantic moments that most people wanted. The Shaft backwards head tilts throughout. They spent a bit too much time with the sparkles and random backgrounds but had a respectable amount of what people hoped for. However, this season will not be representative of the entirety of Nisekoi, and do not expect anything better if they make another season.

Black Bullet was a semi-interesting plot. It reminds me of Shingeki, but with lolis instantly falling in love with the MC. The romance is awkward and acts more as filler than anything else. Nothing really happens until episodes 10. It was an OK watch, but doesn't really earn any commendations.

Haikyuu!! and Yowamushi Pedal were the sports adaptations to watch. Both provided an upgrade from the manga artwork and had a large number of intense moments riddled throughout. Yowamushi added some bs scenes that never existed, and made it longer than it had to be. I also doubt it will have a satisfactory ending, but it makes me want to watch the second season. Haikyuu!! makes volleyball look good, but I wonder if the hype can possibly continue.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Mahouka) was perhaps one of the most anticipated, but it doesn't live up to the hype. The plot is complicated, and the story telling is not terribly effective. The MC looks badass for sure, but viewers probably aren't going to understand it in one go. I am probably going to read the LN to understand what is happening.

Mekakucity Actor was an interesting watch, but it went by a bit too fast. There is no shortage of backwards head tilts, but it is no where near a Shaft masterpiece. The plot got real towards the end, and it has the story telling of Memento. You will eventually understand the arcs, but it requires some effort on your part.

No Game No Life had the potential to be one of the best series ever. However, the MC is overly perverted and attached to his sister, which constituted 75% of the first season. Some of the female characters are annoying. Overall, the series has many promising plot points. Only the chess game was, in my mind, a complete miss. However, it falls into the same trap as Mahouka. We end up with a spiel about why the MC is so smart, but it needed more clues or a slower tempo. Side note: the color scheme hurt my eyes.

Date A Live 2 was pretty much what you expect from it. The MC somehow makes some more spirits like him. He crossdresses to get the girl. DEM screws everything up. Then some huge action scene occurs. I have no idea what the bad guys are trying to do, nor do I remember who they are. It has some moments, and it does attempt to deliver. However, the result is just a larger harem.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin was good, albeit terribly short (why are all the good series shafted so hard?). Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou was visually appealing and fairly amusing, though a bit...cancerous with the cringe levels at times. Gochuumon wa Usagi desu-ka? was like a lower budget, less amusing, less blonde Kiniro Mosaic. Kamigami no Asobi was fucking dumb. I now owe ExtraCareful a pizza lol.

So in short, the season was average. That is, pretty bad. As always. Best thing that came out of this season was the Kawaisou opening song. And no, the upcoming season does not really raise my hopes much. Not with so many shit tier 2nd seasons on the horizon.


This season I'd say was a mixed bag. There were some solid series sticking out but also plenty that were...less than satisfactory, in terms of both fanservice or plot. Gaworare and Date A Live ended up being less fanservice-y than I would have liked, but I think I expected that from both series since they had a central plot. Not that the plots were very good, but...

Hitsugi no Chaika and No Game No Life managed to do respectably with flat-adapting the originals with a couple of truncations here or there, but I felt as if something was missing. It wasn't flashy enough, it didn't impress me enough, the anime just didn't go ham. The plot was interesting - but the adaptations simply did not support the plot hard enough. Slightly disappointing.

I think this season was even more of a surprise than the last couple of seasons, though - Gochuumon no Usagi desu ka, Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, and Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii all ended up being very charming series that I think I would not be ashamed to keep in my hard drive for a later re-watch. However, none of the series seemed to be "series of the year" material yet, which is slightly troubling as these and the two series in the previous paragraph are in the top tier of the season for me.

Short series (< 15 min per episode) are also starting to be used much more frequently and produced at a higher quality it seems. No longer are we stuck with the likes of Mangaru; this season struck back with a vengeance as Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Mahou Shoujo Taisen, and the second season of Puchim@su delivered episodes worth a chuckle over, even if they didn't have the most compelling of plots.

Again, overall it was not a terrible season, but there were no real gems (besides perhaps either NGNL or Ryuugajou Nanana) that one could look forward to each week. Will this season be any better? Time will tell.

Anyways, on to the previews! 

-----



Photobucket

Summary: Adaptation of a PSP adventure/rhythm game for females. Features hot guys at the end of the Tokugawa shog...ah who the fuck cares. It has hot guys. Studio DEEN animation. Kawasaki Itsuro directing.

I'll take one for the team and try out an episode I guess

You fuckers owe me a meal or some shit afterwards though

I already owe EC a pizza after the Kamigami no Asobi bet, so I'll leave that to RightToLeft

You act as though someone told you to watch it.  I for one have dreamed of a series just like this to be made.  So you know I am not going to even touch it because of how awesome my ideal for it is.  If I even watched a second of it, I would fear that my the dream would be over.  Seriously though, no.




Photobucket

Summary: The brown-haired girl without ribbons is the main. The guy standing behind her is apparently hearing voices that lead him to her. Anime original. Rom-com ensues. P.A. Works animation. Nishimura Junji directing.

Choucho OP. Nano.RIPE ED. PA Works production value. I'm fucking drooling with excitement and anticipation already.

I think it's safe to say that I at least am going to be banking on this series to carry the season. With Shaft being fucking lazy preparing for their new Monogatari series (well, at least I get some Kanbaru action) and KyoAni pandering to the fujoshis with tricep heaven, it looks as though PA Works has become our savior. These guys have an amazing track record...I really hope it keeps strong through this series.

...Oh my fucking god. These promo videos. THIS MUSIC. THIS STRONG VIBRANT OBOE PART. I'M IN BOYZ. FUCKING IN.

You can criticize P.A. Works for only doing one series a season, or every other season. You can criticize them for maybe not picking the best of series for the audience at hand, or making them seem good enough for a sell (Red Data Girl, Uchouten Kazoku). What you can NOT criticize P.A. Works for, however, is adapting or creating easy sellout series. You give P.A. Works a chance to work with a good writer, or even create an original series, and at worst you get a unique series with superb production values. At best...well, their track record speaks for itself. 

Canaan. Angel Beats. Hanasaku Iroha. Nagi no Asukara. Will Glasslip carry the torch proudly?

The PV sounded amazing, but it looked kind of mundane.  I hope shit hits the fan or something, because I don't want to invest my time in something that is just cute scenes of random things.  After looking at the picture I wanted to watch it, but I realize it is because of the animation studio.  The summary sounds like classic stalker.




Photobucket

Summary: Two girls become the series' titular local idols of their town/area. The poor man's "poor man's iM@S". Most likely a short. feel. animation. Nawa Munenori directing.

This is literally digging a fucking hole underneath the barrel and seeing if there are any scraps from 10 years ago in it. I'll still probably watch it though LOL

The whole idol thing got really old.  They make it seem like an everyday occurrence if they keep pouring money into producing these things.

When's Cinderella Girls coming out again?




Photobucket

Summary: Adaptation of manga original. Involves a struggle of an antihero main as half-ghoul (crazy, likes eating flesh) and half-human (crazy, likes eating burgers). Pierrot animation. Morita Shuhei directing.

Not impressed by how serious it takes itself.

Eyepatch on the left eye = bad.  Eyepatch on right eye = best series ever.

Not really up my alley.




Photobucket

Summary: Sailor Moon. Apparently it is an "alternate adaptation" of the manga and not a simple remake, according to the producer (Umezawa Atsutoshi). Toei Animations animating. Sakai Munehisa directing.

Sailor Moon fans rejoice. Not sure if I should try it out though.

Well I have to watch the originals before this, so that's like a billion hours.  So I am sure I will not try this out.

There was a guy who used to sit next to me in biology class way back when who used to watch this. He was a very strange guy (to put things politely).

Nop.


Summary: Second season of the popular light novel original Sword Art Online. I think it involves MMOs. A-1 Pictures animation. Itou Tomohiko directing.

We've already been over this. Not touching this crap with a 10-foot pole. I would rather watch MLP than this, and I despise the very existence of MLP.

No comment.

It has got to be better than king butterfly terrorizing the village people with his assistants slime 1 and slime 2. Since the other season had an ending, I don't know how this is going to tie in at all.  If they make it look good and the soundtrack good, then I don't really care.  Also, Rainbow Dash can move at Mach 10 and beat Starscream from Transformers in a DeathBattle on Youtube.  It was funny, but I have never watched MLP.  Sawashiro, Miyuki as main = watch (except Z/X ignition).




Photobucket

Summary: Anime adaptation of manga original. Published BEFORE C3-bu (2012) in 2010. Something something airguns shooterino. Pierrot+ animation. Oota Masahiko directing.

The fact that this series came about earlier in '10 shows, what with all that yuri fanservice. Will probably watch.

I have not and will not begin watching shoujo anything. 

I like how EC emphasizes that it came before C3-bu lols.


Summary: Adaptation of manga original. A young boy named Tatsumi goes out, random violence to friends and family occur, he joins an assassination group called Night Raid. He proceeds to go through training arc after training arc with drama and romance included. White Fox animation. Kobayashi Tomoki directing.

The drama of this series is close to reaching Ano Hana levels. Someone's probably going to have a mental breakdown soon while eating dinner or something.

Your explanation made me think of Phantom:Requiem for the Phantom.  Seems like a guy was just in it for the "pretty girl."  Not sure where this is really going.

White Fox is good. This will probably get a shitton of followers and people are probably going the hype the fuck out of it.

Which is to say that I'm probably not going to touch this any time in the near future.




Photobucket

Summary: Manga original. Tomboy meets unrequited love. Shoujo. Production I.G. animation. Yoshimura Ai directing.

I dunno what to say. Might watch, I mean I slogged through Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Seems standard-fare romance shoujo though.

"A love that never even started."  Seems legit.  Sounds pretty dumb.  "Things can never be the same."  The whole point is that she didn't want it to be the same.

I'll leave this to EC. Shoujo isn't my forte.




Photobucket

Summary: Main heroine (pink hair, center-left) is forced to become a trap by an all-girl student council. Fanservice ensues. Asahi Production animation. Yanase Takeyuki directing.

This will probably be one of my staple fanservice series of the season; the artwork is quite good. Also, I've been saying this to OboeOtaku since last year, but I firmly believe that 2014-2015 will be later known as the beginning of the trap wave. A stupid amount of trap VNs were published in 2011-2012, a stupid number of trap anthologies published throughout 2012-2013, and it is only a matter of time...before they invade TV.

It is coming. Prepare yourselves.

I can confirm that EC has been saying this for several years now. To the point where any time I see a trap anthology on Batoto, I brace myself for his response.

Fuck this shit lols.

"Main heroine" ...  Who you trying to fool?  




Photobucket

Summary: Adaptation of 4-koma webcomic. Main heroine has a crush on derp boy who turns out to be a renowned shoujo mangaka. Rom-com. Dogakobo animation. Yamazaki Mitsue directing.

I know very little of this series. I think OboeOtaku can elaborate much better, though. However, if the artwork stays the way it is it's always worth a watch for the light rom-com.

The artwork looks close enough judging from the PV. It's a nice, lighthearted series, and surprisingly funny (I personally love it). I'd recommend trying out the manga at the very least.

Also, Seo best girl.

The derps are back.  Sounds like it would be pretty funny.  I would watch a bit before giving up.




Photobucket

Summary: Based off an online free light novel with multiple illustrators on a rotating basis. Fanservice, probably. Tri-Slash and Project No. 9 co-animation. Yanagi Shinsuke directing.

I don't know what this series is about but whatever fanservice I guess

It's probably gonna be pretty shitty fanservice though.

Female re-imagining is just an excuse for fanservice.  Nice try, guy.

Wtf is this, Samurai Spirits with more cleavage? Wait...is that even possible?




Photobucket

Summary: The second season of the manga spin-off original of the Fate franchise involving Illyasviel von Einzbern as the heroine using her powers of obscure Type-Moon references. Silver Link animation. Oonuma Shin directing.

Wasn't the first season mediocre? Type-Moon has so much fucking money ;;

I would have followed this series from the start if it weren't for the fact that the first exposures to TypeMoon I had were Fate/Zero, the Tsukihime manga, and Carnival Phantasm. The art style of this is just too different (and, in my opinion, mediocre). And if you have mediocre art and (what I suspect is) a mediocre plot, what's the reason for watching?

If you like the franchise, keep chugging I guess. I for one will pass.

The last season ended with Unlimited Excalibur Works, which was pretty bull.  The art is meh.  It was overall meh.  I also don't remember Berseker being in it.  No idea what this is going to be about though. Those magic wands are so annoying.




Photobucket

Summary: Second season of the manga original involving mountains, hiking, and hiking mountains. First season was a short. 8-Bit animation. Yamamoto Yusuke directing.

The first season was delightfully light and relaxing, but got VERY few BD sales. I think I'm the only person within 500 miles that will actually cheer for this FULL-LENGTH season 2.

Not interested in shorts.

Time to start S1.




Photobucket

Summary: Trap meets trap-lover. Shoujo, not seinen. J.C. Staff animation. Kasai Kenichi directing.

You'd be better off watching Free.

If it stays mainly trap, maybe. If it goes full-retard yaoi, I'll have to rethink it.

Why would someone pick this up and make this?




Photobucket

Summary: The second season of the PS game original. The difference from Persona 4: The Animation is I DON'T FUCKING KNOW JESUS

Narukami Yu moves from Tokyo to Inaba, kills demons inside TVs, fucks girls, marries Teddie. A-1 Pictures animation. Kishi Seiji directing.

This franchise has been going on for a long time, and if for some reason you haven't heard of it, there are more than enough wikis on the Persona-verse (is there a specific term for it? I wouldn't know) to flood your brains. I'm not gonna bother going into this; it's too expansive, and most of you should know whether or not this is worth your time.

Why release another anime based around what is essentially the same game? What could they possibly use in this series that wasn't in the first Persona anime?

They want HanaKana in it.  It is probably not that different, and you might as well play the game.  The previous adaptation was ok, but you still miss the subtle points of the game.  It is good if you don't want to grind in a bath house so you can beat nude Kanji in a fight.  No love for Kanji.  Chair guy op.




Photobucket

Summary: Third season of the popular manga original Kuroshitsuji. Genius boy Ciel is main, demon butler Sebastian is also a genie or something. Sebastian helps Ciel do everything, Sebastian kills Ciel at the end. A-1 Pictures animation. Noriyuki Abe directing.

There are only so many fucks a man can give about a series...

Girls really like this series. I'm gonna say it's because they like coattails.

Don't know anything about this series.




Photobucket

Summary: Manga original. Heroine gains ESP powers. Good vs bad fights commence. Xebec animation. Takayanagi Shigehito directing.

I'd flame this series for being shit if it wasn't for the fact that I have been a longtime Xebec fan and sucker for their high production value.

But disregarding that, it's still gonna be shit.

Summary says a fish goes through her, and she gets Kitty Pryde's powers from X-Men.  Fish really is brain food.  

Followed for the penguin in the background. JK.




Photobucket

Summary: Girl meets fairy. Supernatural yuri occurs. Madhouse animation. Ishizuka Atsuko directing. 

At least it won't be pants-on-head retarded like Akuma no Riddle was.

Normal girl meets normal plot.

Shoujo Ai? Looks like I gotta at least try it.




Photobucket

Summary: Anime based off the free-to-play online card game from Kadokawa Games, consisting of female anthropomorphisms of mostly famous Japanese ships (AKA SHIP GIRLS OK). Destroyer ship Fubuki will be the main character. Diomedea animation. Kusakawa Keizou directing.

Putting wrinkles in my forehead, a frown on my face, and a proverbial lemon in my mouth since early 2013, ever since it started flooding Danbooru. No matter how hard I try to ignore this bullcrap, it refuses to let me ignore it (fuck you IOSYS for going over to the dark side). The final straw came when someone decided to do a Kantai MMD version of a certain IM@S vid...I'm not going to deal with this shit. Gonna avoid this slutty asswipe of a series as much as humanly possible.

I'm gonna come out of the closet and say that I've grown partial towards KanColle after the super-exposure to the sudden influx of doujins, music, pictures, and everything else that has made up this Kadokawa cash cow. I don't mind the characters in it, but maybe some of the Japanese history contexts are slightly pretentious. However, that's certainly not unique to KanColle and I'll try this series out. One gripe, though: why Fubuki? There are so many other ships that are more popular, and Fubuki was picked? I mean...I dunno.

The format of this series will probably be similar to the 2nd iM@S anime, where each episode up until the last three or four focused on an individual idol, and the last episodes created some dramatic mini-arc that brought everyone together.

Also a friend of mine would like to comment:

==
Super Duper Toast: tell them I said
Super Duper Toast: THERE BETTER BE NAGATO
Super Duper Toast: AND SHIMAKAZE
Super Duper Toast: AND NAGATO
Super Duper Toast: AND KAGA
Super Duper Toast: also uhh
Super Duper Toast: Fubuki is a boring main character
Super Duper Toast: and it should have gone to like, Inazuma because everyone loves Inazuma
Super Duper Toast: EVERYONE FORGOT THAT FUBUKI WAS THE MC OF SHIP GIRLS
Super Duper Toast: because Inazuma is better
Super Duper Toast: there you go
Super Duper Toast: every starter ship that's not Fubuki is better
Super Duper Toast: but Inazuma is favorite
==

I would also like to say that ExtraCareful is a whore for falling to the dark side.

I wonder when the Hearthstone anime is going to come out.




Photobucket

Summary: A boy moves into an apartment and promptly enters into a harem situation involving supernatural beings. Light novel original. Silver Link animation. Oonuma Shin directing.

Staple fanservice series of the season. Will probably be the best one out of all the fanservice series this season. I still dislike Silver Link over the Kokoro Connect scandal, but at least Kawatsura Shinya isn't directing this series. 

Why would this apartment be cheap?  It sounds like the ultimate chick magnet.  MC probably sucks.  Also, I read producing OniAi was punishment enough.  I found that hilarious.

 Silver Link hasn't really busted out anything good since OniAi. I hope this will at least be able to keep me amused (though I'm not sure they'll be able to put their all into this since they're also running Fate/Kaleid).




Photobucket

Summary: "TV anime adaptation based on the undead idol character Francesca to promote Hokkaido, Japan." - MyAnimeList description. 

Essentially, an anime about a concept that has already been done before by iDOLM@STER Cinderella GirlsHeART-BIT as original creator.

what the fuck is going on guys

Eyepatch is on the left eye.

I really like the name Francesca. Gonna try it LOL.




Photobucket

Summary: Anime original. Two boys calling themselves "Sphinx" initiates a terrorist attack on Tokyo for shits and giggles. Essentially this series but with less reasons to fuck with Tokyo. Mappa animation. Watanabe Shinichiro directing.

Not impressed. I'll try it out to see how ham it goes though, but series like this are heavily dependent on how smart they make EVERY member of the cast, which is difficult.

This reminds of Blank from NGNL, except if they were bad guys.  I can't really tell whether this is going to be good.  Terrorists playing a game doesn't sound like something a country that has been bombed twice would enjoy too much.

Looks like Japan erected their own twin towers in the background to burn.




Photobucket

Summary: Anime original. Martian soldiers on mechas. Humans are fucked. A-1 Pictures and TROYCA co-animation. Aoki Ei directing.

Meh, mecha. But A-1 is co-animating it, so I might give it a try.

Transformers scarred me for life from watching robots do battle.  If this is even remotely like a Michael Bay movie, you should just leave.

CrimsonMonarch fodder.




Photobucket

Summary: Second season of the anime original Space Dandy. No description available. Bones animation. Watanabe Shinichiro directing.

Haven't seen the first series. Sorry.

Watched an episode of this on Toonami.  It was so dumb.  A guy was getting clobbered by meteors during the race, and the first place guy was like that is such a good strategy.  Yeah, he is a pro.  Spinning around on fire is a totally legitimate race strategy.  I think it was in the movie Cars.

Nope.




Photobucket

Summary: Love. Passion. Breaststrokes. Second season. Kyoto Animation animating. Utsumi Hiroko directing.

I mean this series could be about absolutely nothing except showing off abs and it'd still get 30k BD sales so why would I even bother previewing this

The first season ended so badly.  I honestly questioned my sanity while watching this.  I don't even.  

I'm going to rewatch K-On!! to relive KyoAni's glory days.




Photobucket

Summary: Boy joins newspaper club with only girls in it. They answer requests regarding student troubles. Light novel original. feel. studios animation. Kawaguchi Keiichiro directing.

Standard rom-com/harem probably. Slow pacing, from the looks of it. Will try out.

This will never be as good as the Saved By the Bell advice hotline.  It might be worth checking out.  I remember Love Lab tried something like this, but I found it kind of dumb.  

This feels as though it will not be quite as autistic as some of the other series this season. Will try out.




Photobucket

Summary: An alternate universe where Japan's railways are not privatized but there are extremist groups who wish to do so. The male lead of the series is assigned as a trainee to a security force to guard the railroads. Fanservice and urghrgurhg dat ass. Passione animation. Sueda Yoshifumi directing.

PICTURE A LAND WHERE THE SKY IS SO BLUE

A STORYBOOK LAND OF WONDER~


A MAGICAL ISLAND JUST WAITING FOR YOUUUUU

ISLAND OF SOOOOODORRR WILL MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUEEEEEE~

I feel like they were like, "what should we write about."  Train rushes by. "I got a million dollar idea."
Who doesn't love a good story about privatizing trains.


Photobucket

Summary: People command their own spirits that allow them to partake in duels and shit. A boy with a mysterious background to be later explained in many flashbacks joins and gains a very strong spirit. Harem rom-com ensues. Light novel original. TNK animation. Yanagisawa Tetsuya directing.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was some progression but this shit is the same as running around on a Monopoly board. Some opponent appears, guy defeats enemy handily, he gains additional members of harem or mild fanservice scene occurs, rinse and repeat. Just go ham on the fanservice ffs, that's what everyone wants anyways.

A peeper steals a spirit.  This is just bad for society in general.  What if boys in Japan became peepers and used that excuse?  We already have kids blaming Slenderman for their premeditated murder.  We don't need this kind series.  Think of the children.

.....*snooooore*




Photobucket

Summary: A high-school boy gets sent back to Sengoku era and must become Nobunaga. Very original and creative, just like the previous Nobunaga series. Fuji TV production. Fujikawa Yuusuke directing. Will precede the live-action adaptation of the series.

No.

What?  Why would a high-school boy ever need to become a warlord? waste of time travel

Not another one.




Photobucket

Summary: A young male lead gets sent from the city to hicksville and ends up dealing with lolis kids. Slice-of-life + comedy. Manga original. Kinema Citrus animation. Tachibana Masaki directing.

One of the few series this season that I can really recommend wholeheartedly. The shit is hilarious. All the people fawning over Non Non Biyori and the peaceful idyllic countryside (i.e. the stagnant, extremely boring) atmosphere it has need to try out this series. It has its idyllic moments, but never feels dull and stagnant like Non Non Biyori...and the humor is just amazing.

...It's also pretty dam lulzy. Heh.

I'll take a stab at it for sure. I hope the artwork is up to par, though. Poor artwork on a slower slice-of-life series based on static visuals can be killer.

Assault gets you exiled.  Yeah, I can see this being funny.  It doesn't seem like a very good punishment.  I think the government needs to rethink a few things in their bi-laws. Also, the MC is not amused.




Photobucket

Summary: Novel original. Slice-of-life based on fictional male idol group "Shounen Hollywood". ZEXCS animation. Kuroyanagi Toshimasa directing.

Yes, Japan. I definitely needed something to fill the empty, Uta no Prince-sama-shaped hole in my soul.

Someone stole the background scheme of Strange+.  Why do we even put these things in the posts?

^




Photobucket

Summary: Second season of Hamatora. Supernatural. Classic headphones on neck by the main character. NAZ animation. Kishi Seiji directing.

I still don't understand the naming schemes for sequels. "Re:_" ? So much ass.

Still need to watch the first series, but I've never really liked these straightforward supernatural action series.

Ughh a second season. I haven't even contemplated a first season.




Photobucket

Summary: A sequel to WHAT THE FUCK WENT ON IN THE FIRST SEASON WHY DOES THIS SERIES LOOK LIKE THIS NOW

Seven studios animation. Imazaki Itsuki directing.

As I said for the previous series...

I legitimately don't know what the fuck is wrong with this series

No clue what this about.  Don't really care.




Photobucket

Summary: A sequel to the first season of shorts. This season will also be a series of shorts. Seven studios animation. Furukawa Hiroyuki directing.

Haven't watched season 1.

Someone tell me if this is any good.

Looks like we're all in the dark here.




Photobucket

Summary: A witch appears in front of a boy and....TL;DR: more wishes by boy granted by girl = shortening of lifespan. Manga original. Rom-com. J.C. Staff animation. Chikara Sakurai directing.

We can probably trust J.C. Staff to do a solid adaptation. However, I think the premise sets some pretty strong limitations on how far this series can go, unless it relies on episodic, going-ham fast-paced rom-com.

So much to read.  Looks kind quirky.  Probably not going to try and understand.  I think something is wrong when your summary ends up being a novel.

JC Staff? Dropped.




Photobucket

Summary: MAL description: "The story follows two aspiring divas who hope to become famous through a unique brand of music." what

Koutarou Ishidate directing. NOTTV production.

"As a part of Nippon Housou Announcer Hisanori Yoshida's animation project, Minarai Diva has been announced to air Summer 2014. The anime is a "live broadcast anime" and will use motion capture technology to render the characters and movements with MMD style software. According to the official website, it will air on the smartphone channel/app NOTTV and other (as of yet) unannounced channels. Each episode will be 60 minutes."

"live broadcast anime"
"MMD style software"
"Smartphone channel/app"
"60 minutes"

There is no hope. God is dead.


I'm going to guess that the unique genre of music is either going to be dubstep or full-throated Gregorian chanting

Imagining Gregorian chants coming from those tiny charas is fucking scary. Thanks for the nightmares.

Is this even real?




Photobucket

Summary: Boy protects girl with mecha. Anime original. Xebec animation. Ootsuki Atsushi directing.

Seems creative.

heh.  If I had a nickel every time I saw a summary like this, I would have a nickel.

Bleh.



Photobucket

Summary: Visual novel original (BL/yaoi game made by Nitro+chiral). People battle with Neopets virtual pets that are made for combat or some shit. NAZ animation. Miura Kazuya directing.

If I HAD to, I'd just probably end up playing the visual novel original anyways. I'm pretty sure it's been translated too.

This seems like the lamest MC ever: I am going to save everyone just because all this chaos is ruining my every day life.  It doesn't even sound like he should be in this series.  Why is it important that he does this? If that was your goal, wouldn't you hide in a corner until it was all over.  When people die, we call junk shop guy to rescue us.

Fucking yaoi.


-----
Series previewed in total: 39
-----

And so onward we trot, towards another season full of-

wait why are there SO MANY yaoi series holy fuck

No comments:

Post a Comment